Top 5 | Spring/Summer Nail Polishes

Hey lovelies! I'm back here with another "Top 5" installment for you, featuring my top five spring/summer nail polishes. Especially in the summer time, I love having bright colour everywhere around me, and having pretty colours all on my nails is something that I love to have every day of the warmer months. 
 Here I have my top favourites for the moment, however this does change depending on my current mood (~oh how clique~) or what I'm wearing that day. 

I'll start with Rimmel's Brit Manicure in 420 Porcelain. I was unsure about a white nail especially on my tanned olive skin, but I am now obsessed with it. It gives a really chic, clean, white hot (!) appearance, and this formula is beautiful. With two coats it gives a really nice opaque, streak-less finish which I simply love, would definitely recommend the white nail trend for this summer! Also this formula is so chip resistant it shocks me every time I apply it. It is so durable, far more than any other formula I've tried which is a huge huge deal. This polish has a really fine tip applicator which can be a tad tedious but it gives a lovely finish so I can't complain. 

Next is L'oreal's Colour Riche in Lush Tangerine is a beautiful vibrant orange shade. I love the way this looks especially when I've just been to the beach and I've got a lovely caramel honey tan, making the colour pop. My one problem with this polish is that it chips so bad it's so ridiculous. I swear I apply it, and three hours later it's chipped. If I don't apply a top coat it wont last longer than a day max. I also love love love the wide bristle applicator on this one. 

The third I have listed is this Angelica Nail Colour in Emerald Isle. I bought this last summer whilst in Ireland in Pennies so it'll be hard to find here, but this is my ultimate mermaid shade. This is beautiful worn on all nails, or used as an accent nail. The glitter in this isn't too chunky which I like, resulting in a smooth application. 

This is a rather new polish that I've tried, the Rimmel I <3 Lasting Finish in Lively Lilac. I find it really hard to find a pastel shade that doesn't leave my hands looking really dull because the colour tones compared to my skin can sometimes look really off. However this shade proved me wrong! It's a lovely grey tone muted lilac which is a perfect shade for spring. It looks really delicate and girly on the nails. I absolutely love this formula of Rimmel polishes, they are so opaque and smooth to apply, and just look so vibrant on the nails - I love Rimmel nail polishes in general, I haven't come across a formula I haven't liked from them. 

Last but not least is this beautiful bright watermelon colour from (again!) Rimmel I <3 Lasting Finish in Cranberry Zest. This is from their "fruities" range which when applied, and they finish drying, it smells so fruity. I really loved the smell, it's so subtle that I can only smell it, but it's a really lovely touch to have fruity smelling nails in the summer! This is my go-to default summer shade, as it's just so vibrant, suits my skin tone perfectly, and matches most everything I wear which is an added bonus. 

I had to give this polish a little "honourable mention" type of thing. This is the Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Polish in Coral Silk. This is a really lovely pastel sherbet orange shade that is a perfect spring shade. The only reason this missed out on being in the top 5 was simply because for some reason, some days this colour really works on me, and other days it doesn't - it can make my hands look in the nicest way possible, dead and dull. However on days when my skin has a really nice glow to it, this is a really nice "subtle bright" shade. 

Thanks so much for reading lovelies!
xoxoRaquel




0 comments:

Post a Comment