My Travel Makeup Bag

So as a makeup junkie with a boyfriend that lives an hour away, when it's time to go over to his place, I always make sure I have my best and brightest with me for whatever occasion, emergency or look I may want to create. I look having a cheeky look into other beauty vlogger and bloggers makeup bags because I feel it really shows what they're most trustworthy products are, because when you're aware from your whole collection (well for me anyway) I only like to carry with me the products I know are going to work for me regardless of what happens. 
I carry my makeup in this little beauty bag from Clinique that I recieved in a little gift with purchase deal they always have going on. I love it because it is so spacious and is a plastic material which is really easy to clean in case anything spills or leaks whilst travelling. 
Starting with face bases, I  pack my Aveeno Positively Radiant Tinted Moisteriser with SPF which gives me my daily sun protection for when I'm just out and about. I pair this with the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Base Primer, which I use either as a primer or sometimes mix in with my foundation to add extra radiance. I always take with my all time favourite foundation the Nars Sheer Glow as this without fail, always gives me a flawless complexion and base to apply the rest of my makeup. For concealer, just my usual Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, which is honestly so good and so crease-less under the eyes which is so good for me, because I swear all concealers find a way to crease under my eyes. Then I set all this with my trusty Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, which you can see how much I love this powder because I have hit pan, and hit pan hard on it. 
For bronzer and blusher I adore my NARS Laguna Bronzing Powder and NARS Orgasm Blush. They are just universally flattering in my opinion and suit any makeup look I do. As a recent purchase, I've been trying out the MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle, which is such a gorgeous highlight. I'm really enjoying placing this on top of my cheek bones, Cupid's bow and now coming into summer I love sweeping some of this on my collar bones to really make them stand out and give my skin a warm glow. 
I also pack a hand sanitizer which I use religiously before I apply my makeup as I'm a huge advocate for everything being sterile, especially when dealing with the sensitive facial skin and around the eye area. 
(Not picture is my Simple Cleansing Wipes which I use to remove my makeup at the end of the day.)
 For eyes I always bring my Urban Decay Naked 1 & Basics Palette. These just cover all bases for me from shimmery smokey eye to a matte neutral eye. I have the Naked 2, but I personally prefer the 1 as it has more warm tone shades which I feel suit my complexion a lot nicer, especially with my quiet yellow undertones. With the shadows I always use my Urban Decay Primer Potion, which is just a great shadow primer. I also pack my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, as it creates the perfect blank canvas on my eyes. For mascara I usually bring my Maybelline Great Last Lots of Lashes Mascara as it gives perfect lashes every time, however lately, I've been swapping it out for my Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious as I've be loving the finish it's been giving my lashes. 
For eyebrows, just my usual routine of the Essence Eye Brow Designer Pencil and Clear Eyebrow Gel, which I like to brush out using a disposable mascara wand. But recently I purchased the Maybelline Master Shape Eyebrow Pencil which I've been trying out and packing with me, and I'm still unsure how I feel about it compared to my Essence one, especially comparing the price ($2.95-Essence vs. $9.95-Maybelline) but we'll see!
As a lip lover I need a selection of lipsticks, and I love my bold lips. I usually take these three lipsticks with my because they match most everything I will wear, and can be worn quite bold or gently patted onto the lip for more of a simple wash of colour. Picture above (left to right) we have the Rimmel Kate Moss in 107 (Satin), MAC Lady Danger (Matte), Revlon Really Red (Matte). To prep my lips I always bring a lip balm which lately has been the Rosebud Salve Balm which is really soothing to my lips. For just a tint of colour I love the Lush Lip Tint in Santa Baby (Limited Edition). 
Then just a travel mini sized Mango Body Butter from The Body Shop to keep my skin silky smooth and hydrated!
 
As for makeup brushes I like to bring an assortment from Real Techniques (Powder, Buffing, Blush, Contour, Detailer) Sigma (F84 Angled Kabuki, F82 Precision Round, F84 Precision Angled) and then a few random brushes from here and there - mini Bobbi Brown and random ones from ebay. I keep them all in this travel brush bag from Forever New with plastic guards around the bristles to help keep their shape. 

I hope you enjoyed that little look into my makeup bag!
Thank you for reading!
xoxoRaquel


0 comments:

Post a Comment