Review | Revlon Lip Butters

So I've got a little review for you today! Now these products have been so so hyped up online, with every beauty blogger, vlogger and enthusiast raving about them to no end so I was so excited to try these out when they first hit Australian stores months back. However, I've had a bit of an iffy relationship with these lip butters.
First off, I have to hand it to Revlon, the colour selection for this product is phenomenal. Every shade under the sun it seems like they've got. You can see from my very mini collection that I gravitate to the deeper red-pink-coral tones. I do love the opacity of these, they provide a serious burst of colour whilst not being super over whelming and matte. If you were a bit unsure about wearing a bold lip, I would definitely recommend these as they can be worn quite sheer if you pat them into the lip. 

 The part about these Lip Butters that just lets me down is the formula - it feels very hit and miss to me. The formula of Juicy Papaya is so creamy and beautiful and not at all drying on the lips. However in comparison, the formula of Candy Apple feels like it is constantly sucking the moisture out of my lips if I don't frequently reapply, and no where as smooth to apply. The Wild Watermelon is just as beautiful as Juicy Papaya, so I have to wonder if maybe I just bought a dud Candy Apple....

As someone who is a self-confessed matte lover, I do love these lip butters. I usually don't reach for sheer washes of lip colour but these are beautiful. If you can bother reapplying often you'll love these. You can apply these quite sheer, especially if you pat these into your lips to give a beautiful tint, but you can also build these up for a brilliant burst of near opaque colour. 


The packaging in my opinion is beautiful, however being sold at Australian drugstores for between $15-$20 is a bit ridiculous but I've sort of accepted Australian prices to be ridiculously overpriced. I don't know if I'll be purchasing any more in the range, as I prefer more matte lipsticks, however coming into the hotter summer months I know I'll definitely be gravitating towards the Wild Watermelon and Juicy Papaya shades more!

Thanks for reading!
xoxoRaquel


0 comments:

Post a Comment