Review | Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Colour

To save myself from the exam study blues, I ventured to the Bobbi Brown counter after the Tawny Pink Creamy Matte Lip Colour which I heard about from Amanda Steele - Makeupbymandy24 and couldn't find anywhere online. It was love at first swatch, I knew immediately I had found my perfect 'Kylie Jenner' brown-mauve shade that everyone is going nuts about at the moment! I tried to get my hands on her actual MAC Whirl Lipliner, but it was sadly sold out online. So when I saw this I couldn't swipe my card fast enough! I always thought, while I was there I might as well pick up another shade, and True Pink simply looked like such an everyday wearable pinky nude shade for me. 

These lipsticks are beautiful. I honestly can't fault them. I love matte lip colours and this formula is perfection. It doesn't feel drying on my lips, it is so creamy and smooth to apply, and I love the round shape of the bullet. It is surprisingly really easily to quickly swipe on! I would definitely rate this formula above MAC Matte lipstick, which is sort of my bench mark for a matte lip colour. These definitely aren't the most affordable lip products, retailing for $44AUD in store at Myer, and available online here. However, considering the price, I truly believe these are worth every single penny. These lipsticks feel so luxurious. The packaging is phenomenal, an extremely study black metal cylinder that closes so tightly and securing, so you know where your money is going. The product in side is just as beautiful. So wearable, it doesn't dry out my extremely dry lips and I just can't rave about these two shades enough!! If you are in the position for a beauty splurge then I would highly recommend you going and swatching these for a shade you like! Both of these shades are so creamy and have incredible staying power. I wore Tawny Pink for a full day, applied it a 10am and when I checked it at around 3-4pm it still looked fabulous and only needed a slight touch-up. And that's after eating sushi so I was incredibly impressed!

Bobbi Brown Tawny Pink
Tawny Pink is the perfect Kylie Jenner lip colour, that perfect mixture of brown and mauve tones and looks simply stunning on the lips! It just transforms any look into a sultry, mature look which I am loving for the Winter months. Without a doubt, my new everyday favourite go-to lip colour.
Bobbi Brown True Pink
I would describe True Pink as a very muted mauve-pink, very wearable if you have a more tanned complexion, as I always find very blue-undertoned barbie pinks just look off on my olive skin tone. But this shade is a perfect, everyday shade that I love! It's in my opinion, a very mature, classy, sophisticated pink tone, which others can sometimes look a bit too barbie doll-like for every day wear.
Bobbi Brown Tawny Pink (Top), True Pink (Bottom)
All in all I can't recommend this product enough! Slightly expensive, but you pay for the quality in my opinion. Definitely worth a look!
Thanks for reading!
xoxoRaquel



0 comments:

Post a Comment