Monthly Favourites | June 2014

July is now upon us and I could not be happier! One of my favourite months of the year, uni exams are over, my birthday is approaching us in a few days and July just means holidays and relaxation for me!
Now that I have some much appreciated time on my hands I thought it was long over-due for me to share with you the products I've been loving and get back into the swing of blogging *hopefully* regularly.

So I'll start with the one skin care product I have - the Gatineau Essential Eye Corrector - which I received as a gift with purchase when I ordered from AdoreBeauty. I wasn't expecting too much from a free sample, however I was pleasantly surprised! This leaves my under eye area feeling so hydrated and nourished, and I feel has firmed up the area under the eyes. I can't say much on the brightening dark circles, because mine aren't too bad to begin with, however the area in general does look all of healthier and in much better condition! I will definitely look into purchasing the full size of this product!

Next for face, I have been LOVING the Mac Prolong Wear Concealer in NC30. This was the biggest impulse purchase for me and I have used it every day since I purchased it at the beginning of June. This provides incredible full coverage and the shade I chose lightly brightens up the under-eye area to give a beautiful, natural, 'awake' appearance which I am so into right now. 

The NYC Sunny Bronzer is something I picked up in CVS whilst in Hawaii and I've loved it since first application. It provides a beautiful warmth to the skin, with a nice slightly orangey-red undertone which I do like in this bronzer. It's completely matte so I do use this to contour as well. 
Next I think is the product I am most excited for out of all! The Becca Mineral Blush in Wild Honey which I purchased from here. I saw Jaclyn Hill talk about this blush and it looked flawless on her! Since recieivng this in the mail, I honestly don't think I've worn another blush in the past three weeks. This shade provides the most natural, beautiful peachey, bronzey flush to the cheeks that just works so well on my completion. I will be posting a completed review on this product in the upcoming days so stay tuned for that!

Next for eyebrows, the spoolie, clear brow gel and eye brow powder in Brunette from Anastasia of Beverly Hills has been a god send for my brows. Before purchasing this in a pack I had never used powder in my brows and was so nervous! But the pack I purchased came with stencils for all eyebrow shapes and made the process a hundred times easier! The spoolie is incredible and perfectly blends out any harsh or dark areas, the clear brow gel ensures that once you set your brows they are not moving for anything (it dries to a "crunchy" finish, which I personally love), and the powder due is perfection in itself. I use the darker shade for my brow end and arch, and for the inner parts I use the lighter shade to give a more natural, softer appearance. 

For eye-shadow, this month I have been loving these two shades I picked up from the MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection. They are in the shades Sea Worship and Silver Sun. They are a both very shimmery shades, one being a taupe-bronze shade and the other a very true khaki green. They aren't traditionally shades I would gravitate towards but these just somehow work! I just love these extra-dimension eye-shadows MAC have released lately!

Maybelline's The Rocket is a product that when I initially tried I hated, I just couldn't work with it. About three or so weeks ago I was determined to give it another shot because I had heard so so many people rave about this and finally I knew what they were on about. This mascara is incredible, if I have curled my lashes. On uncurled lashes, I find it a bit eh. But this mascara holds a curl like you wouldn't believe. I have been so into super over the top curled lashes and two or so coats of this for very fluttery, doll like but still natural eyes. I'm in love!

For lips I have been in love with the Maybelline Baby Lips Doctor Rescue in the flavour/shade Too Cool which is a really lovely tea tree oil scented minty flavour that layers onto your lips to give a nice cooling sensation. This has been perfect for the colder months when my lips get so dry. 
Another product from the Alluring Aquatic line that I have literally been obssessed with has been the Cremesheen lipstick in Mystical. This has been the perfect shiny, hydrating brown-muted rose-mauve shade for those natural winter days that have been my daily during exam season! So beautiful and natural, yet completely pulls a look together, I'm obsessed!

Finally! On the home stretch now, onto nails. The best nail polish remover I have ever used has been the Maybelline Express Remover which is just a little pot with a acetone soaked sponge in it, that you twist your nails within for a few rotations/seconds and your manicure is completely off. So effective, so easy and so affordable! I doubt I'll ever be returning back to tradition polish remover and a cotton round. 
Lastly is the Essie Nail Polish in Sand Tropez. This, my dear friends, is perfection in a bottle. It is my new all time favourite nail polish shade - no joke. I have been searching for this shade for almost a year I kid you not! It is the most flawless beige-brown-nude shade that is perfect all year round. It applies beautifully, dries quickly, and just looks so polished on the nails. Never have I received so many compliments on a polish as I have with this beauty. With two quick coats, it's completely opaque, lasts days without a sign of chipping and is as shiny and glossy as a gel manicure. I can't recommend this shade enough!!

So that's it for June my friends, not bring on July!
Thanks for reading,
xoxoRaquel


0 comments:

Post a Comment