Monthly Favourites | January 2014

Hello lovelies! I am here to share with you the few beauty products I have been absolutely loving in this first month of the year!


I'll start with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light. I haven't worn foundation much if at all this past month and sweeping this over my concealer and rest of my face is just flawless airbrush finish in a powder. It gives the perfect iridescent sheen to my shine and leaves me with a radiant glow that I adore. 

Secondly is the Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel - this is a cream contour and such a luxury product to use I feel like a princess every time I apply it. Everything about this product is beautiful from the natural finish, the shade, formulation, packaging even the smell! Simply divine. 

The next product I bought was as a recommendation from a friend and I am so so glad I picked it up. The Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer is the perfect light-weight brightening under eye concealer I have used, especially for the price, it's rivalling my YSL Touche Eclat ever so slightly! So easily blendable with the ring finger, barely if at all creases and just such an incredible product for the price!

My mascara of the month has without a doubt been the YSL Volum Effet Faux Cils and simply the most perfect mascara I have ever used. Beats my Maybelline Falsies and Benefit They're Real! This adds so much volume to my lashes, lengthens like you wouldn't believe and the wand is so easy to use and the packaging is pretty I die. I really think I'm going to venture out and purchase the YSL Baby Doll Mascara after trying out this mascara. 

I feel like this has most definitely been my NYX month. I have fallen in love with their blushes, especially in the shades Dusty Rose and Pinched. These are so unbelievably pigmented and blendable and so affordable that you honestly can't go wrong!

Next from NYX is their Wonder Pencil in the shade medium and light. This is like a concealer pencil that can be used as a flesh toned eyeliner, a spot concealer and to line the outside of the lips to prevent bleeding. My favourite ways to use this is actually as an eyebrow bone highlight (shade light) and also to prevent the bleeding of my lipstick (shade medium). This product is so versatile and so creamy and richly pigmented, absolute "wonder" product. 

I have also loved lip pencils this month to really ensure the longevity of my lip colour. I've especially been loving the Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in Natural and NYX Retractable Lip Liner in Nectar. Both of these are really gorgeous everyday shades for myself, I especially love the Nectar shade, it's the perfect grapefruit pink iridescent tone that simply shouts spring in my eyes. 

Almost done I promise! Next is the Revlon Colourburst Lipgloss in Peony. This is such a beautiful to shade to layer over most shades of lip liner/lip stick or to be worn on its own. It's such a natural, universally flattering shade in my opinion and one of the only lip-gloss formulations I actually enjoy!

Lastly for lips we have the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in the shade Darling. This is such a different shade for me to pick up, but when I was looking at that stand, it just drew me to it and before I knew it I was in love. This is a mauvey very lilac purple and to my surprise is just such an easy shade to wear, almost completely natural. I love wearing this with just a flick of mascara and tinted moisturizer on days when I don't want to wear much at all, and it just gives enough to feel put together. Beautiful shade!

Last product is the Stila Eyeshdaow in the infamous Kitten shade that everybody and their dog raves about! And finally, I understand why. This is a flawless champagne shade, so pigmented and with the texture of soft butter, so smooth and blendable it's unreal. 

For skincare I have The Body Shop Body Butter in the new to Australia limited edition scent in Satsuma. This stuff smells so darn good, is so hydrating and was simply a god send after I went to the beach and came home looking like a sun burnt lobster! It locked moisture into my skin and was simply a joy to apply this rich, smooth lotion.

I also have been loving the Bioderma Crealine H20 Micellaire Solution. I have been using this only to remove my eye makeup and it breaks down even the hardest waterproof mascara with such ease, doesn't burn my eyes and actually leaves my eye lashes feeling quite conditioned! Such a nice change from other eye makeup removers I've used in the past. 

Finally (I know! You can all breathe a sigh of relief) I have a face brush and it's the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I use this brush to apply tinted moisturizer, foundation, cream bronzer and it leaves a really lovely natural, air brushed finish. It has the perfect density, is so soft to the touch (reminds me of a bunny's tail), incredible quality for a pretty decent price! 

So there are the products and beauty tool that I have been loving and reaching for all through the month of January. 
Thanks for reading!
xoxoRaquel





0 comments:

Post a Comment