First Impression | Urban Decay Naked 3

Last week the most beautiful package arrived on my doorstep and I finally got my sticky little hands on the much anticipated Naked 3 Palette by Urban Decay. 
I thought I would give you my impressions on this palette and a few swatches. I will be doing another post with some looks using this palette once I've had some time to play around and experiment with the colours.


The packaging is in the same style as the Naked 2 Palette, but with a rosey-gold  exterior and wavey texture to it. It feels very secure, and clips shut. The palette comes equipped with a double ended brush with a stiff blending crease brush and flat shader brush - not the best but fine if you were in a rush or travelling. It also came with 4 quite sizeable samples of their eye shadow primers in Original, Sin, Eden, & Anti-Aging.


This palette contains mostly-all rosey hued shadows, with a range of matte, shimmer and metallic shades. The formulation as with all urban decay eye-shadows is extremely buttery and easy to blend - all with the exception of the shade Dust in my opinion. This looks like such a beautiful shade in the pan, so glittery and a lovely soft pink. However when swatched and applied it is very chunky with a lot of glitter fall out. I would recommend spraying your brush with either Fix+ Spray or a similar spray to ensure it adheres to your eyelid. The selection in this palette is truly remarkable with some really intense shades, such as the deep black with red microglitter - Blackheart. 

(From Left to Right) Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, Trick, Nooner

(From Left to Right) Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside, Blackheart
Swatches Left to Right; Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, Trick
Swatches Left to Right; Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside, Blackheart
My favourite shades of the palette are definitely the darker right side of the palette, with specific shades of Trick, Liar, Factory, Mugshot & Darkside.

I really do love this selection of rose-hued shadows, especially as I don't have anything in this range in my collection so this palette is a lovely addition! I purchased this online at Beautybay.com (which it is currently unavailable - but keep checking!) for approximately $80AUD with free shipping. I would definitely recommend this palette to everyone - even those with the first two palettes (which I do own, along with the basics) as I feel this adds an extra dimension to a "naked" eye look.
However if you were starting off with the Naked palette trilogy I would suggest looking at the first or second palettes as in my opinion they are more suitable for everyday wear and are much easier to create simple quick eye looks with - especially Naked 1 my favourite!

I hope that gave you a quick insight in the Naked 3 Palette!
Thanks for reading!
xoxoRaquel


0 comments:

Post a Comment