Review; RiRi ♡ mac

So Rihanna has just recently launched her Fall RiRi ♡ Mac collection, and I knew just like her previous collection it would sell out in like a second flat. So as I was walking through Myer and saw the Mac counter with the little RiRi display I thought hmm let's torture ourselves and swatch the sold out babies, and literally the girl out the counter told me they just put up the display, because they were late getting them in and I knew I would be a fool to not pick something up. 

After reading so so soo many reviews about this collection I wasn't really interested in the lipsticks (not the finishes for me) or forking out $70+ for the eyeshadow quads, so I just knew that this rose gold bronzer blush duo in Hibiscus Kiss was for me. 

This product is actually a re-release from her Summer Collection, but now in a gorgeous rose-gold packaging. I was a bit unsure about how it would look in person - perhaps on the tacky/cheap side - but it was love at first site, especially with the huge mirror in the compact. The rose gold girly lover in me knew this was perfection. I also love the embossed RiRi signature in the product, I'll be sad to see it faded away with use!

As for the actual product, as with all Mac powders, it is beautifully pigmented. The bronze side is a beautiful chocolate matte finish, which I think will complement my skin so nicely when I get more tanned. It's a very buttery finish and so easy to apply and blend out. It does apply quite sheer for a very subtle look and can definitely be built up for a more defined look. 

The blush side is without a doubt perfection. When I swatched it in store, it definitely made my mind up that I needed this powder compact in my life. It is a vibrant grapefruit coloured pink, with a hint of gold reflexes through it from what I can tell. It does appear quite sheer when applied to the cheeks, so you do have to build it up if you want an evident flushed cheek look. This colour would complement girls with medium to darker skin tones so so perfectly in my opinion, 

If you can I would definitely recommend checking out this collection because it is just beautiful (if many of the products are old just repackaged), especially as I have a feeling it will sell out in stores pretty quickly!


xoxoRaquel

0 comments:

Post a Comment