Haul & Review | NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil

So about a month ago I placed a NYX order at BeautyJoint and it finally arrived to me I just over a week ago, and I wanted to share with you what the bulk of my order was the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil's.

 (Not quite too sure why the lighting is causing the colouring to be so off in this photo, but we'll just go with it because they all looked this funny...)
I have heard everyone and their bunny talking about these creamy eye sticks and have wanted to try them for myself for the longest time.
I'll start off by saying that I love love love the packing. It's so simple, compact and easy to work with (once you get over the battle of trying to sharpen them, which I've heard is a mega pain).

You are simply spoiled for choice with the shade selection, they have everything from subtle naturals  to vibrant colourful shimmery shades. I choose eight shades which really caught my eye, and I just know I will be placing another order for more. 

The above swatches show just how pigmented these eye pencils are. I think I went over each of them just twice because they are so opaque! 

The formula is so beautiful, these apply and blend like a dream on the lid, and create the perfect base for eye-shadows. My favourite shades would have to be Milk, Iced Mocha and Cashmere

One downside to these I have to say is that they do crease when wore on their own. I wore Iced Mocha by itself to uni today from 9-5, and around the 2-3o'lock mark I did notice creasing on the lid, but I just blended it out a little bit with my ring finger and it looked fine! And if you're really concerned about the creasing, they're so compact that you can just chuck them in your purse and touch up during the day.I've noticed that the creasing is less evident when these are worn solely as a base, with eye-shadows placed over top.

I honestly can't get over the pigmentation of these sticks! I've used Milk in a Sailor Mars "anime eye-look" that I was trying to recreate for a costume party I'm going to, and it gave the most opaque look which really shocked me. All previous white eye pencils I've used have always been so sheer, but this is pure white.

For the $4.50 or thereabouts price tag, I can't really fault this product. So I would highly recommend you all checking these out, I assure that you will love these.

Thanks for reading,
xoxoRaquel


0 comments:

Post a Comment