Everday Summer Makeup Look!


For my first beauty post I thought I'd start with something pretty safe and show my everyday make-up look for the warmer summer months coming up! I change up some of the products depending on if I'm trying new things out, but mostly things stay pretty much the same to my trusted products!

For a base I have been LOVING the Aveeno Positively Radiant Tinted Moisteriser in the shade Medium. Personally in summer I dislike the sometimes heavy feeling that a foundation can bring, so I tried a fair few BB creams in hopes of obtaining some coverage whilst feeling very fresh and light on my skin. However all the BB creams I've tried have personally been *crap*. I was just in search of a new tinted moisturizer to use under my foundation when I came across this true gem. The consistency of this formula is honestly heaven on my skin, it has a similar feeling to the Benefit's Porefessional Primer, very silicon based feeling which is weird in a moisturizer, but I just love that texture on my skin. It has the perfect amount of tint to provide a beautiful healthy glow of coverage.
 To cover those nasty purpley dark under-eye circles, I have been using the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser Concealer in the shade medium. I sort of  have a very love/hate relationship with this product. I love how gentle it is under my eyes, and how it does correct the purple hues I have under my eyes, but there really isn't much product in it at all! I've twisted it only a few times and I'd say I'm already a third of the way through it. 
 If there is one step in my beauty regime that I cannot skip for any cost it's eyebrows. For eyebrow products I always return to my bby Essence Cosmetics Brow Designer Pencil in the colour Brown and their clear Lash & Brow Gel. For about $5AUD in total for two incredible products I honestly think it's one of the best deals going around. You don't have to pay $50 and your soul for great eyebrows, honestly, I swear by these two products.
 When it starts warming up outside I get a little lazy with my eye-makeup and stick to a very neutral eye. I start with the Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo Metal in the colour 70 Barely Branded. It took me so so long to get my hands on this shade. It was sold out in every pharmacy/store I went to, and when I saw it sitting there on the stand I honestly couldn't grab at it fast enough. It's a lovely cream, shimmer shade that's perfect to cover those eyelid veins and provide a flawless canvas base for eyeshadow.
I always reach for my Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette on days when I'm feeling a neutral eye. It has the perfect selection of mattes (which I love) to create mostly any look I want. I cover the lid in the shade Foxy and mix a big fluffy blending brush into Naked 2 and a touch of Faint as it is very pigmented, and use to define the crease. I find that these two shade mixed together give me the most natural and flawless crease shade. If I'm feeling a little more put together that morning I'll use Crave as a subtle eyeliner and thicken up my upper lash line, Venus as an inner corner highlight and Walk of Shame as a brow bone highlight.

I usually stick to two mascaras, either Benefit's They're Real! (Not photographed because I just threw out because it was all dried up and haven't gotten round to repurchasing it) or the Maybelline The Falsies Flared Mascara. The Maybelline mascara gives in my opinion a really lovely natural sweet doe-eyed look, whilst the Benefit mascara gives a more BOOM LOOK AT THE CRAZY LENGTH AND VOLUME OF MY TOTALLY REAL EYELASHES. So it really depends on the mood I'm in as to which eye look I want to achieve.
 To give me a healthy peachy glow I always reach for my Nars Blush in the shade Orgasm. It gives me a really perfect summer flushed tint to my cheek and I only need to lightly dab my Real Techniques Blush Brush into it because it's so pigmented and beautiful. It does have gold shimmer, but doesn't leave your face looking like a disco ball, but with a glowed from within look.

For lips I am loving this combination of first scrubbing my lips with the Lush Lip Scrub in the flavor Bubblegum to create a smooth surface and get rid of dead skin from my lips. Applying a coat of the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in the shade Rendezvous, and then applying over that the Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in the shade Juicy Papaya. This combination provides the perfect orange tint to my lips that needs hardly any maintenance as it has the lip stain on underneath. Perfect for those hot summer days!

So that's my everyday makeup routine! Thanks for reading lovelies
xoxoRaquel

0 comments:

Post a Comment