Top Beauty Favourites of 2013!

So yes yes yes I know! I am about two weeks late with the post but regardless, today I am here with my top beauty, skin care products of 2013 - I didn't include any hair care because to be honest nothing really stood out to me in the hair department. 

For face/base products there is no competition. 
By far the best primer I have tried all year has been the Benefit POREfessional (this is just the sample size because I have run out of the full size and they're sold out at my counter) but a little bit goes a long long way! I just apply a thin layer of this silicon based oil-free primer underneath my foundation and it doesn't fade, cake up or slide off my face in hot weather. Honestly the perfect primer.
For foundation again, no competition, is my Nar Sheer Glow in the shade Punjab. I am a foundation fiend and this one just takes the cake. It is a light to medium coverage but is definitely buildable. It provides a very dewy-glowy finish and is perfect for my dry skin. It feels so light weight and just gives a flawless finish. 
To set all this is my much loved Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. As you can see I have hit pan hard and with good reason. This is such a finely milled powder, giving a flawless airbrush finish to the skin. I have lately been using this only to set my under eye concealer, but this is perfect as well for all over the face. 


This year for me has been the year of the palette in terms of eye-shadow and Urban Decay just blows the competition out of the water. I have here the Naked 1 and Naked Basics here. With the majority of my eye looks this year I have reached for either one or both of these palettes. Together they have the perfect selection of matte and shimmery shades that can create any eye look I'm after. I have the Naked 2 as well, but in my opinion it doesn't compare to the original and the basics, as I prefer the warmer more bronze toned shades on my complexion.
On that note, the cream eye-shadow I have been reaching for since the beginning of the year is the Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. I've done a full review on this product which you can review here if you're interested. This I have worn all year either on it's on or as a base for additional eye colour and it has just performed brilliantly - no creasing, easily blendable, and just beautiful colour selection. 
For eyeliner, another winner by Maybelline is the Master Precise Liquid Liner. This is a felt tip pen type of eyeliner, so rich and opaque in colour and so easily allows you to create a perfect fine line on your upper lash line flawlessly. A staple in my makeup bag for 2013. 
Now I'd tried a fair few mascara's throughout 2013, but I just kept returning to this one. This is the Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express Mascara. I love everything about this mascara, the wand, formulation and the effect it gives to your lashes is simply flawless. I honestly cannot recommend The Falsies range enough. 

For lipstick there was no competition this past year, it had to go to both the Revlon Really Red Matte Lipstick  and MAC's Lady Danger. This was definitely the year of the orangey-red lips for me and I just love matte lipsticks so these two were an obvious choice for me. 
For a lighter balm I was always reaching for the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in the shade Rendezvous. This provides a beautiful orange stain to the lips, is moisturizing and I love the crayon balm stick it's in - makes it so easy to just chuck in my purse and be out the door. 


In the cheek category, NARS had it all year. For blush, I was smitten by the NARS Blush in Orgasm. The perfect peachy-coral shade with gold reflexes in it that just suited every makeup look I tried this year. It complemented my complexion perfectly and just made the apples of my cheeks look so radiant. 
In terms of bronzer there was a two way tie. Not pictured is the Benefit Hoola Bronzer which is a pure matte bronzer which is the perfect perfect contour shade in my opinion (I just couldn't find it to take the photo *oops*). To bronze up all over my face I love the NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna. It has just a slight shimmer to it, which I love for warming up the sides of my face. A stand out product which I now can't live without. 

Lastly onto Skin/Body care. 
My favourite facial scrub has the been the LUSH Ocean Salt Facial Scrub. It perfectly exfoliates my skin, and leaves my skin feeling so fresh and clean after I use it. It smells simply incredible, and I just purchased another new tub of it I love it so much. 
The cleanser I've really been enjoying is again from LUSH which is the Angels on Bare Skin Fresh Facial Cleanser. This is so sweet on my skin, so gentle on milky and always leaves my skin feeling so soft and hydrated. I would definitely recommend this to people with dry skin!
My favourite facial moisturizer has been the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion +. This is a super hydrating moisturizer that doesn't leave my skin greasy at all, and is just perfect for my dry skin.
For all over body lotion, I adore The Body Shop Body Butter in Grapefruit. This is the best scent ever, I even have the body mist because I love it so much. I always apply this after a shower or after I shave and is simply incredible - so smooth and whipped and beautiful on the skin.
Another type of body mousterizer I found in the second half of the year was the LUSH Ro's Argan Body Conditioner. I apply this in the shower after body wash, and this just rinse off and it just conditions my skin so wonderfully. My skin feels so hydrated and smooth and really eradicates the need to moisturizer after a shower - but I just love to to really ensure my skin is hydrated. This is so lightly scented of roses, and leaves your skin so soft and supple.  
To care for my lips the combination I used all year was the LUSH Mint Julips Lip Scrub + Blistex Lip Balm. This combination is the only one I've found that truly nourishes my lips, exfoliates away dead skin, leaving them prepped and primed for lip colour. 

So there you have it! My top beauty favourites of the year 2013! You've probably heard me talk about these products before because they are honestly my tried and true products that I kept returning to all year.
Thanks for reading!
xoxoRaquel



0 comments:

Post a Comment