Review! Maybelline 24hour Colour Tattoos

  These cream eye-shadows I feel have been raved on for months and months - and for good reason! Maybelline hit the nail on the head with this 24hour Colour Tattoo range. With a huge huge huge range of colours you really are spoilt for choice. They range from vibrant eccentric colours to everyday basic neutrals of matte and shimmer formulations.

I have to say the matte formulas do tend to be a little more difficult to work with compared to the shimmer formulas, but with a little of blending and time they come out so beautiful!
I wear them as either an eyeshadow base to brighten up the shadow I layer it with, or just on their own for an easy "I really didn't spend that much time on the eyes but they looks a million bucks" look. Especially with the shimmer shades, when blended by themselves, they look like they had so much dimension and shading to them when really I just slapped them on. 

I prefer to apply this just with my ring finger rather than a brush, as I feel it allows the product to warm up on your finger tips, and you can be really gentle around the eye area. 

I've also found that especially in summer using a small angled brush and applying the brighter colours (Tenacious Teal is my favourite) under the waterline, gives a beautiful summery, almost mermaid look for an extra pop of colour!

I have heard this compared to the Mac Paint Pots, and honestly as long as Maybelline continue to bring out more and more incredible colours, I doubt I'll be purchasing a paint pot anytime soon because these are of such high quality and at such a low price! You can find these for around $10-11AUD, however these are literally always on sale and you can find them for as low as $5 I've found!

These little pots of eye magic are my holy grail drugstore product and there's a colour to suit everyone. I would 100% recommend these to anyone and everyone!

Thanks for reading,
xoxoRaquel

0 comments:

Post a Comment