Review | Benefit Rockateur Blush

I honestly feel like the worst beauty blogger for not updating here in what feels like months. I had so many holiday-Christmas posts plans but the actual holidays got in the way, leaving no time to sit down and blog everything I wanted. But I'm back! And a happy 2014 to all! I hope you had a lovely time with friends and family over the holiday season and a great new year!

With the new year came the end of year sales and Christmas money and overall a bad time to be my savings account but great for beauty lovers! So I picked up this beautiful little box 'o blush gem from Benefit - the Rockateur Blush. 


This is the latest boxed blush release from Benefit and when I first saw it I thought nothing special of it. Even when swatched I wasn't really drawn to it, but after seeing so many people raving about it and how beautifully natural it looked on their skin I knew I had to have this. This is my first boxed blush from Benefit and I'm so glad I picked it up! 

We'll start off with packaging. I do like the "boxed" packaging of it, it's so unique and just the statement of Benefit. It is a sturdy little box - although I'm worried the edges will dent but no big deal. The design itself on the packaging in my opinion does look quite tacky and cheap, but again I do like the box feel to it so I can get over that. 
This is quite a heavily fragranced blushin the  box. Once applied I didn't notice it at all. To me it smells very old fashioned block of grandmas hand soap, not bad just a bit dated. However, again, a minor hiccup in what is a beautiful product. 

When first using this product I didn't use it as a regular blush, and applied it as more a blush/highlight as it did have a heavily frosted top layer which I didn't want all over my face. However once this top layer is removed you are left with the most beautiful natural deep rose-gold flush to your cheeks. I cannot get over how beautiful natural this applies to your face. However with a few layers and blending it gives a very glamorous night out look to the face. Even with my olive-tan skin this looked very natural and complemented my yellowy undertones really nicely. I love to pair this with my Nars Laguna Bronzer, I think this blend well so well together for a very put together look. 


The pigmentation is really great - an easily blendable blush that can be applied very sheer or built up for a more statement look. I would honestly recommend this to all skin tones from very fair to much deeper skin tones. It's such a versatile blush that honestly surprised me, as it doesn't look like much in the pan. The formulation is wonderful and buttery - even with the soapy smell - so easy to work with and I can't recommend enough. I will definitely be branching out and trying more boxed blushes from Benefit after trying this one out! 

Thanks for reading! 
xoxoraquel

0 comments:

Post a Comment