My Perfect Eyeshadow Combination

After a dangerous trip to Mecca Cosmetica I came home with a couples of new eye shadows and oh my word I feel as if I've found a perfect beautifully simple combination that just makes my eyes look so sultry, sexy and classy. 


This was my first time trying eyeshadow products from Nars, but I had heard some really good reviews about the eyeshadow duo in Kalahari, and when I swatched it In store it was simply buttery perfection. The shadows were so smooth, pigmented and there's no other word to describe the I their than buttery - such a beautiful colour combination as well. 



These two can be worn on the lid alone, however I was experimenting and partnered them with the Stila Single Eyeshadow in Kitten. This is a much loved and much talked about eye shadow in the beauty world and I now understand why. This shadow is simply perfection powdered. A perfect champagne colour that is so richly pigmented - with quite some fallout, simply places a shadow guard on, or sweep away with translucent powder and you'll be fine - that I couldn't believe the colours payoff when applied. 



The way I wear this combination is so simple! After priming my eyes, I take a flat shader brush and pack Kitten all over the lid, concentrating it on the inner and middle third, not taking it above the crease. Then I take any matte brown crease shade and use that to define my crease. Then with the left shade from the Kalahari duo I define the 'outer v' outer third portion of my lid only softly, running it along my lash line to the middle of my lid with a soft pencil brush. Then taking the right shade of Kalahari I further define the crease and 'outer v' creating more definition and a nice transition of shades, using firstly the same pencil brush to create definition then a big round fluffy brush to blend out the harsh lines. Then that's it for eyeshadow! To finish the look off I draw a thin to medium line on my lash line - merely to thicken it up using my favourite Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner with the smallest of wings, a coat or two of mascara and then I am out the door! 

So simple, yet so classy in my opinion. I forgot to take a proper photo, but here is a selfie I snapped whilst wearing this eye look!

Thanks for reading!
xoxoRaquel



0 comments:

Post a Comment