Review | Stila In The Garden Eyeshadow Palette

Hello lovelies!
I'm here today with a little review of the Stila In The Garden Eyeshadow Palette. I purchased this a while back when I was first introduced  to the Stila palettes, and it just took my breath away. When I first saw the range of colours I couldn't think of a more beautiful array of so unique shades that I simply had to have it. 
Firstly, let's start with packaging. The Stila eyeshadow "in the..."  series comes in a cardboard palette without a mirror with an inspirational quote of sorts. This palette comes with the quote " a confident woman knows her inner beauty will captivate you, and her eyes will mesmerize you" - Sarah Lucero. The packaging is very pretty however, I honestly don't like it at all. It feels very flimsy and impractical for traveling. The actual eyeshadow pans seem quite loose in their little slots and sometimes look like the could fall out - I'm not sure if maybe that's simply my palette but I've read a few reviews a few people seem to have the same issue with it. I would have preferred a mirror in the palette rather than the quote, with is a lovely touch, however not exactly beneficial to me long term.

In terms of colour range, I love the selection in this palette. It's not really a palette for creating a very neutral every day look or a traditional smokey eye, but the colours work so so well together. The first top three shades I've found can be used to create a more glamorous neutral eye, with a little bit of extra shimmer from the bark shade. Or even a really earthy mossy toned eye with the moss and jupiter shades.
(From L-R) Chinois, Breeze, Bark, Freesia, Rosette
The colours themselves are so buttery in texture. They are so richly pigmented and blend out like a dream, making them exceptionally easy to work with. Stila have really outdone themselves with the formulation of these shadows, I simply adore how buttery they are. There is surprisingly no fallout especially with the more shimmery shades, which was what I was expecting.
My favourite shades in the palette are breeze, honey, sage, moss and jupiter.
(From L-R) Nectar, Honey, Sage, Moss, Jupiter
With the palette comes one of Stila's Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye-liners in the shade Starfish. I love this eyeliner so much. It is honestly the most gorgeous olive-brown eye liner with gold reflexes in it. It smudges out like a dream but wont fade on your waterline or tightline which is so remarkable. I can't get over how unique a shade this is, it is honestly so so beautiful I can't rave about it enough. It makes up for the terrible packaging and lack of mirror in my opinion!
Starfish Smudge Stick
I am totally in love with this palette. I definitely don't use this as much as I would like as I don't have many occasions to wear bright blue or magenta eyeshadow however I feel like this is a gorgeous palette to add to your collection. I'm definitely adding Stila's In the Light palette to my Christmas list this year!

I hope you enjoyed reading this little review,
xoxoRaquel

0 comments:

Post a Comment