Monthly Favourites | November

As we're entering the most magical month of the year, I thought I would start doing the monthly favourites series on my blog, and as it's the start of December, it's the perfect time to share with you my November favourites!

 I've been trying out quite a bit of new products throughout the month of November and a few of them have made it into my monthly favourites!

I'll start with face/skin products;

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisteriizing Lotion+
My skin this past month has been so unbelievably dry lately and I've been needing to moisterise my skin even more frequently than usual. This lotion has been perfect, it has helped hydrate any dry patches or flakiness and has really revitalized my skin. I can't go a day without this product or I'll end the day with my skin feeling awful and tight. The formula is not greasy which allows for easy application of foundation on top as well.

Mario Badescu Hyrdrating Hand Cream
As I said before my skin has been so so dry the past month, to the point where I've needed to carry around with me a little hand lotion, and this product has been perfect. It's a mini travel size so I can easily just chuck it in my purse no worries, and the product inside is so hydrating and creaming it's unreal. I received this in a sample gift bag so I didn't think too much of it, but this has impressed me. 

MAC FIX+ Spray
Now I never thought I could fall in love with something that is basically a water spray, but this is so good. I use this to refresh my face before I apply my makeup and then to set my makeup once it's completed. Coming into the summer months, this is a godsend. It just refreshes my skin, comes down any redness I may have, especially after a hot shower, and just ensures that everything stays in place.

For haircare, I only have one little item;
Tony&Guy Prep Heat Protection Spray
This is a great heat protection spray, I use this every time prior to straightening my hair. It has a really great nozzle, and releases a fine broad mist which coats a lot of hair at once which is really nice. I feel as if this really does protect my hair, and using only this product whilst straightening my hair, it leaves it smooth and silky, and with a gorgeous shine. 

Now onto the beauty side of things!
NARS Laguna Bronzing Powder
Now everyone in the beauty world has heard of this bronzer and now I know why. I purchased this nearing end of October, and for a couple of weeks I just wasn't into it, and didn't understand the hype. I was like why on earth did I just fork out so much for this it's not even that great. And then one morning whilst applying it, I was like oh wow this is gorgeous. I use this to warm up my face, along my temples, to deepen my cheekbones and along my jawline, and it just gives my skin such a radiant bronze look. I don't like to contour with this, prefering to just use it as an all over face bronzer. 

MAC Mineralized Skin Finish; Soft & Gentle
This highlight is so perfect, everytime I wear it I honestly just feel so beautiful, even without a full face of makeup. It is a golden shimmery highlight adding a very warm radiance to your skin. Adding a touch of this to my cheekbones and on the top of my cupids bow add a perfect glow to my face, giving a healthy radiant appearance. I feel as if I'm put together when I have applied this, it's the perfect little extra touch that sets a makeup look from an A to an A+ in my opinion. I can't recommend this enough. It can give your face a "disco ball" effect if applied to heavily, but when applied correctly it is simply too pretty on the skin. 

MAC Mineralized Blush; Dainty
I've had this blush for a while now, and it's been shoved to the back of my blush collection in favor of very peachy/orangey tones, but I picked it up the other day and since then haven't been able to put it down. I had forgotten but beautiful a glow it gives the skin. I apply this directly to the apples of my cheeks, and blend towards my temples for a lovely pink flushed look. This paired with the Soft & Gentle highlight has been my go-to combination lately, giving a really effortless summery glow. 

Lush Lip Scrub; Mint Julips + Blistex Lip Balm; Raspberry Lemonade
Along with having ridiculous dry skin, my lips have been so chapped and flakey and this has been my lifesaver combination. I usually apply this either before makeup or before I go to bed. I start by first exfoliating my lips gently with the lip scrub which tastes so so good, like chocolate mint slices which are my favourite. Then when my lips are smooth, I go over with a thick layer of the lip balm (which again smells and tastes so SO good!) and let this soak into my lips over night or whilst I apply my makeup. 

MAC Lipstick; Ravishing Red (Retro Matte)
I was in the market for a hot pink for the summer which would suit my quite yellow toned skin. This is so perfect I could stare at this little bullet of perfection all day. It's part of the retro matte collection and is very very matte. I've found that this isn't too overly drying on my lips like Ruby Woo however it does tug on the lips when applied. This problem can be solved easily by applying a balm prior to application. The colour payoff is extremely opaque and lasts on the lips for hours. I wore it on a night out and didn't have to reapply once. I honestly cannot rave about this colour enough, it's so beautiful and I'm so happy that it's now going to be apart of MAC's permanent collection. 

Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious 
I swear since purchasing this, I mentioned it already a few times on my blog and with good reason it's made it into my favourites. This product is so beautiful on the lashes. It gives my lashes so much length, whilst giving adding some volume to create a really natural fluttery look. This is great for those "no makeup, makeup days" when you just need a dab of concealer and a flick of mascara. Also the packaging is too gorgeous for words. 

Maybelline Master Shape Eyebrow Pencil
This has been the only product I've used all month to fill in my brows. When it''s sharpened quite fine, it is really easy to naturally fill in my brows by drawing on stroke by stroke the hairs. The spoolie brush on the end is also perfect just in case you've drawn them in too dark  and need to soften them out. This is so quick and easy, which is probably why I've been reaching for it so much because I've been going for really simply makeup looks recently. 

Lastly for beauty I have a makeup tool!
Real Techniques Contour Brush
I have been using this brush for almost everything. As I haven't been wearing a full face of foundation, and opting for simply under-eye concealer, this has been perfect to set under my eyes as it's the ideal shape to get into the inner corner of my eye and around my nose. I've also used this contour my cheek bones, and apply highlight on top of my cheekbones. This brush is so multi-purposeful, and definitely my most used brush. Just remember to spot clean with brush cleaner in between uses because you don't want any bronzer residues setting your under-eye concealer!


A random favourite this month has been this book TAMPA by Alissa Nutting. I don't want to give anything away but it's the story of a young beautiful females teacher that falls in love with her fourteen year old male student. It has been compared to the classic by Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita, which is my all time favourite book. In my opinion I don't really see the similarities between the two besides the obvious "forbidden relationship", however I really enjoyed it nonetheless! It's a very easy, quick read that just leaves you wanting more. I struggled to put this down right from the beginning because I was just hooked in wanting to know what happened next. If you looking for an easy, yet interesting and at times quite scandelous read, I would highly recommend this.


Another random favourite I have is music. The songs I have been obsessed with this month have been;
Hard Out Here - Lily Allen
The Monster - Eminem 
Summertime Sadness - Lana Del Rey vs. Cedric Gervais Remix
Talk Dirty Feat. 2 Chainz - Jason Derulo 

They're all my favourites for the month of November
Thanks for reading lovelies!
xoxoRaquel


0 comments:

Post a Comment