Top 5 | Mac Lipsticks!

So as you can probably tell from the title of this post, I'm going to be showing you my top 5 Mac Lipsticks!
 Narrowing it down to only five was slightly more difficult than it sounds, but these are the five shades that I always reach for in the morning. You'll gather from the end of this that I love orange-red shades! So in no particular order, let's begin!
 From left to right we have Rebel (Satin Finish), Lady Danger (Matte Finish), So Chaud (Matte Finish), Morange (Amplified Creme Finish) and Honey Love (Matte Finish).

I love the pigmentation of Mac lipsticks, and how opaque you get can the finish of these lipsticks. Personally, Matte lipsticks are my favourite finish of Mac's range. I love an opaque, full cover of colour on the lips, as frosty/sheen finishes can sometimes leave me looking washed out and I just prefer a very opaque, matte finish.
My go-to shade for the winter/fall time is without Rebel. It is a blackcurrant plum shades, with subtle tones of berry red on the lips. It's the perfect shade for the colder months as it provides some hydration due to the Satin finish, whilst still applying a rich colour.  
My absolute favourite red of all time is without a doubt Lady Danger. I can't even begin to tell you how difficult is was to get my hands on this shade! I eventually got it in Ireland of all places and it was love at first application! This is a really fierce red with orange undertones, in my opinion perfect for summer and for a night out as it just makes such a statement with any outfit. It is so so flattering all skin tones, especially on tanner, olive skin tones as it just makes the colour stand out even more I've found. This shade can bit a little on the drier side because of the matte finish, but if you prime your lips with a lip balm prior to application you should be fine!

 This was the first Mac lipstick I ever purchased, So Chaud, and the rest is history. This is my second bullet, and now that it's warming up here I cannot wait to pull this shade out. This is a far deeper orange than Lady Danger, and I would describe it as an spicy orange with red undertones. Again, this looks fabulous on deeper, warmer skin tones, and the perfect statement shade. I've also found this shade to be one of the most hydrating of the matte finishes, as I've found many can be super drying, however this one is the exception! This is my perfect everyday summer shade, and can't recommend it enough.
 Next is Morange, and I have a little bit of a thingy with this lipstick, I either really love it or really hate it depending on my face for that day. It is an amplified finish so it's super pigmented without being as drying as a matte finish, so you do get some gloss in this. Now this is where I sometimes get a little iffy with it. I adore the shade, I'm a girl that loves me some orange, however sometimes this can look a little frosty or too glossy on my lips and I have to blot away the shine and usually just put over a top coat of So Chaud because I hate that gloss. And then other days I am head over heels in love with the finish and the gloss just looks really fresh and flawless on my lips. I feel it's usually due to the state of my lips, so I always make sure to exfoliate my lips before applying this shade - likewise with all the matte finishes.
 Last but certainly not least, is Honey Love! This was the first nude lipstick that I ever bought and still one of the only two nude lipsticks I own. It's a lovely warm nude with subtle brown tones with it really flattering for my olive skin tone. With a lot of nudes that I've tested they've always been too pink toned and washed me out or too close to my actual skin colour that I just look like foundation lips. So when the girl at the Mac counter tried this shade on me, it was nude love at first site. Finally! I had found a nude shade that I actually liked! I usually where this accompanied by a dark smokey eye, as it provides the perfect my lips but better colour. With this colour I do apply straight from the bullet, however I do have to pat it out with my fingers to create an even flawless coverage as it can look a tad cakey if done over the top, layer after later straight from the bullet. 

So there we have it! My top five Mac lipsticks!
I do have to give an honorable mention though to the lipstick Chili (matte finish), which is a lovely deeper red, with very subtle orange notes. It's my "sophisticated adult" shade which came in at a very close sixth place!

xoxoRaquel 




0 comments:

Post a Comment