#FOTN 26/09/13

I wanted to share with you the makeup I wore the same night because I did particular like it, especially the eyes!
 *EXCUSE THE UNEVEN EYEBROWS, BELIEVE ME IT'S KILLING ME MORE THAN IT'S KILLING YOU*



 This is a bit of a long post so let's get started! Also really sorry about the dark lighting, there's sort of a storm happening outside my bedroom window as I was taking the photos/typing this, so good natural lighting was not exactly happening!
 For the base I started with the Benefit Porefessional to prime my skin, this is my all time favourite primer and just my tried and true primer, never lets me down, and just keeps my makeup on and looking flawless all night. 

For foundation I decided to use my special Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in the shade Punjab. I cannot rave about this foundation enough. It buffs onto my skin so smoothly, providing a really perfect canvas without looking cakey at all. Perfect for a night out and photos! 

Next I blended the Benefit Watts Up Cream Highlighter onto my cheekbones. Now this is definitely a step I reserve onto for days when I'm going all out with my makeup. It's the perfect champagne colour to blend on top of my cheekbones and look really radiant, and to achieve a natural glow look from within I use it after my foundation but before conceal and powder. I did touch it up a bit after I concealed as well, to really ensure that champagne highlight.
 Hi I'm Raquel and I'm a concealer addict! I started off by correcting the dark circles under my eyes with the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser Concealer (shade medium), and once that was blended in, I went gently over with the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Illuminating Concealer (omg longest names!) to highlight under my eyes in an upside down triangle sort of shape (haha) just to brighten up that under eye area! To further pin-point conceal a few blemishes I use the Clinique Concealer (I don't know the exact name... It's rubbed off the tube! *oops*) 

To mattify and lock in my face, I just used my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, no surprise there, just my regular face powder.
 For blush I applied to the apples of my cheeks working up to my temples Nars Blush in the shade Orgasm. The perfect blush for my complexion, a lovely coral with gold reflexes throughout. 
To bronze and contour I used my all time favourite bronzer Hoola by Benefit. I just brushed this all over my jawline, my temples and contoured just in the hollows of my cheekbones, basically wherever the sun naturally hits my face.
Of course for eyebrows I used the only eyebrow products I ever use, the Essence Eye Brow Designer Pencil in Brown and the Essence Clear Brow. Nothing new here!
 Now for my favourite part, eyes! I primed my eyes first with the Urban Decay Primer Potion, and then over the top of that applied with my ring finger the Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo in the shade Too Cool to give a white base so the eyeshadow's stood out more and had something to stick to.

I coloured in the inner third of my eye with the Essence Glide on Eyeliner Pencil in Silver, then applied from the Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette the shade Half-baked all over the the centre of the eyelid, not covering all of the silver I just applied. Then going in with Freesia from the Stila In the Garden Palette I put this in the outer third of the eyelid, packing on the colour, really blending it into the gold of Half-baked. To deepen up the colour I topped the bright blue of Freesia with Gunmetal from the Urban Decay palette, followed by Creep to further deepen up the crease, making sure all the colours where nicely blended with no harsh lines. I further blended the colours up towards the brow bone and in the crease with Buck from the UD palette.

For eyeliner I drew a very thin line using the Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner which was the finest tip I have seen in a felt-tip liner, allowing you to create a really precise thin line on the lash line. I then tight-lined and water-lined using the Rimmel Scandeleyes Eye Pencil in purple. Then further going over the Silver eye pencil I did first and applying that to the inner corner of my eye.

And of course, to finish off the eyes (after curling) I applied a few generous coats of my all time favourite holy grail mascara the Benefit, They're Real!
Last by certainly not least - Lips! I lightly dabbed on Revlon's Really Red to give my lips a bit of life as they were looking really dull and dehydrated. Followed that with Mac's Honey Love and I wasn't really happy with the all matte lip finish so I finished it off with the Clinique Lipstick in In a Nutshell which gave a really lovely gloss and sheen to the lips. 
 
Thank you for reading that huge beauty post! 
xoxoRaquel

0 comments:

Post a Comment